Insurance Bad Faith
Well Recognized Prominence
Our attorneys have long been known in the legal community as among the best trial attorneys in the Midwest. Recognition received includes:
- AV rating* under the Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating system
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America Directory for more than 25 years
- Top 10 and Top 50 Super Lawyers in Kansas, Missouri, and Kansas City
Has Your Insurance Company Failed to Live Up to Its Duties and Responsibilities?
In most states and jurisdictions, insurance companies have a legal responsibility to act in good faith and treat insured individuals fairly as outlined by contractual agreement. This obligation is called an “implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing,” which is required and specified in every insurance contract. If an insurance company fails to live up to these terms, you (the policyholder) have a right to sue for damages.
An insurer may be acting in bad faith if the insurer:
- Postpones, reduces or denies payment without a reasonable basis for doing so
- Neglects to respond promptly to notification of a covered claim
- Fails to pay a covered claim due to lack of a thorough and timely investigation
- Deliberately deceives or misrepresents the facts to avoid paying claims
- Attempts to distort or misinterpret policy language to avoid coverage
- Demonstrates unreasonable delay in resolving a claim without explanation
- Uses an improper or unreasonable standard to deny a claim
No Attorney Fees Unless We Help You Recover Money
We’re experienced in handling bad faith claims against insurance companies. Since 1949, we’ve successfully represented clients who have been denied coverage or reimbursement without proper cause or reasonable standard. We will fight to protect your contractual rights and get you the money, coverage or proper resolution that you deserve.
Contact our insurance bad faith lawyers to learn more about our record of success. Our experienced trial attorneys represent clients in cases throughout Missouri, Kansas and the Midwest. You can also call us toll free at 866-484-8966 to arrange a free consultation.